2 YEAR COMMERCIAL HELICOPTER PILOT
GENERAL ARTS & SCIENCE DIPLOMA
About the Program
The program is a collaboration between Conestoga College and Great Lakes Helicopter Flight Training School. Students in this program will take classes at Conestoga College as well as at the Great Lakes Helicopter flight school. Graduates will acquire a commercial helicopter pilot’s licence as well as a diploma in General Arts and Science.
Length: Two-year Ontario College Diploma program
Location: Doon (Kitchener) Campus and Great Lakes Helicopter
Start: September First-Year
Tuition: Please refer to Conestoga website for Fees Chart for more detail
- Fees for the Great Lakes Helicopter training are additional (contact us to learn more).
- Fees are higher for international students on a Student Visa
- Recreation/Athletics, Graduation/Alumni, Insurance, as well as program-related costs such as books and supplies are additional.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, OR 19 years of age or older.
- Grade 12 compulsory English, C or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Communications (COMM1270).
- Grade 12 Mathematics, C or U, or equivalent, (MCT4C is preferred; applicants with MAP4C or MDM4U will be tested to assess mathematical ability) OR Conestoga College Preparatory Mathematics (MATH1385).
- English and/or mathematics testing may be required.
- Basic computer literacy skills would be an asset.
- Before flight training begins, students must provide Great Lakes Helicopter with a current and valid Transport Canada Category 1 Medical Certificate.
FINANCING MAY BE AVAILABLE for those who qualify! Check more.
- Academic strength is calculated by averaging all submitted senior level secondary school marks or test results (or equivalent) of the required subjects.
- Ten (10) additional marks are added to each Advanced level, OAC, U, U/C course used in the calculation of academic strength.
- Twenty (20) additional marks are added to each post-secondary course used in the calculation of academic strength.
- A sound mathematical and English background is important for success in this program and is considered during the admission selection process. Minimum cut-offs apply.
- Applicants must also meet Great Lakes Helicopter conditions.
Note: The program courses are taught at the Doon Campus of Conestoga College and Great Lakes Helicopter. Applicants must be accepted by both the College and Great Lakes Helicopter.