2 – YEAR COMMERCIAL HELICOPTER PILOT GENERAL ARTS & SCIENCE DIPLOMA
About the Program
The program is a collaboration between Conestoga College and Great Lakes Helicopter Flight Training School. Students in this program will take classes at Conestoga College as well as at the Great Lakes Helicopter flight school. Graduates will acquire a commercial helicopter pilot's license as well as a diploma in General Arts and Science.
Length: Two-year Ontario College Diploma program Location: Doon (Kitchener) Campus and Great Lakes Helicopter Start: September First-Year Capacity: 10 Tuition: Please refer to Conestoga website for Fees Chart www.conestogac.on.ca/registrar/tuitionfee/feeschart.jsp for more detail*
* Fes for the Great Lakes Helicopter training are additional and total approximately $70,000 over two years*
* Fees are higher for international students on a Student Visa.
* Recreation/Athletics, Graduation/Alumni, Insurance, as well as program-related costs such as books and supplies are additional.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), or equivalent, OR 19 years of age or older.
- Grade 12 compulsory English, C or U, or equivalent, OR Conestoga College Preparatory Communications (COMM1270).
- Grade 12 Mathematics, C or U, or equivalent, (MCT4C is preferred; applicants with MAP4C or MDM4U will be tested to assess mathematical ability) OR Conestoga College Preparatory Mathematics (MATH1385).
English and/or mathematics testing may be required.
Basic computer literacy skills would be an asset.
Before flight training begins, students must provide Great Lakes Helicopter with a current and valid Transport Canada Category 1 Medical Certificate.
FINANCING IS AVAILABLE! Please call or email for details.
- Academic strength is calculated by averaging all submitted senior level secondary school marks or test results (or equivalent) of the required subjects.
- Ten (10) additional marks are added to each Advanced level, OAC, U, U/C course used in the calculation of academic strength.
- Twenty (20) additional marks are added to each post-secondary course used in the calculation of academic strength.
- A sound mathematical and English background is important for success in this program and is considered during the admission selection process. Minimum cutoffs apply.
- Applicants must also meet Great Lakes Helicopter conditions.
The program courses are taught at the Doon Campus of Conestoga College and Great Lakes Helicopter. Applicants must be accepted by both the College and Great Lakes Helicopter.
Conestoga College Flight Training Fees 105* Hour Professional Helicopter Pilot
* Includes night rating
|Transport Canada Written Exam
|Transport Canada License Fee
|Flight Test Fee
|English Proficiency Test
|Additional Type Rating
Payable in increments of $5,000.00 over 2 years!!