Choosing the right program

Conestoga College Diploma Program – The best option for the immigration process. This 2 year Ontario College Diploma is offered in combination with Conestoga College and allows the student with visa is valid for 2 years and you are eligible to apply for up to 3 years of Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP). With the combination of the Ontario College Diploma and the work experience, you will add more points to your Express Entry immigration process to become a Permanent Resident of Canada.

Commercial Pilot License Training – Would you like a career as a professional helicopter pilot? As a Great Lakes Helicopter’s student, you can apply for a student visa with a duration of 8 months and enjoy the benefits of being a student in Canada.

Private Pilot License Training – Use your tourist visa and learn how to fly recreationally in up to 6 months.


International Student Application Process

  1. Fill out and submit the Flight School’s Application Form
  2. Submit a $100.00 CAD partial fee for the deposit. (check out the payment options)
  3. We will then send you the “Foreign Student Letter of Acceptance” that is recognized by immigration Canada; you may then proceed with the Study Visa Application.
  4. Upon acceptance for a Study Visa, please forward the remaining Can$400.00, and confirmation and proof of study visa from the Embassy.

If you are a pilot, Transport Canada will grant credits to foreign pilot licence holders providing the foreign licence originates from a country that is a member of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Learn more about the Foreign Licence Conversion!

For further assistance with admittance and arranging travel and accommodations to our Waterloo Location, please send an e-mail to our International Students Department.